Wednesday, May 20, 2009

URG!

Parents of the boys in Room 7 can I encourage, actually beg, you to have a conversation about the choices they made in today's construction assembly. Topics that need to be talked about are public behavior such as a reasonable voice, stop talking when the speaker is talking, and cooperation within a group. All boys also need to be reminded that open bragging is totally inappropriate and hurtful to others. I was totally, and I mean totally, embarrassed in today's assembly. The reason I know it was the boys was because the speaker had the boys sit at a different table than the girls. Eventually, when the speaker went outside with the kids my boys had to spend a few minutes inside thinking about their choices. Where some boys were more embarrassing than others, I feel all boys could use a healthy reminder of public expectations. As for the girls, I am very proud of their choices. Thanks.

Emma, my daughter, is graduating from preschool tomorrow so I will be out in the morning. I will be back after lunch. Best behavior please! Choices=Consequences. Make them good ones! 

Have a great evening.