Thursday, May 7, 2009

Hi Grandma and Grandpas!!!

Today was a very fun and eye opening day. Your child received their "baby" this morning. They then drew out of a bucket to find out if they had a baby boy or baby girl. Then came the name selection and weigh in. Most babies weighed in around 2 or 3 ounces. After weighing, the parents filled out their child's birth certificate. Kids then had to be a parent for the day. According to the kids of Room 7, it is HARD to be a parent! Many kids had to seek medical attention and we had three that lost large chunks from their bodies. Yikes. Four parents were able to avoid all dangers of having a child and returned their baby with no marks or without being kidnapped by the evil Ms. Erickson. Students were very glad they had purchased the health insurance in the morning when they learned that a bandaid was $200.00 cheaper with insurance. Kids also learned how expensive having kids is and how quickly money is spent when children are involved. Overall, it was an egg-stra special day! 

I wanted to take a moment and say thank you for all the teacher appreciation week gifts and cards. I could not do my job without you parents believing and supporting me. I can't wait to use my gift card to the spa and have a me day. All the cookies have made my lunches even more yum! And the chocolate covered strawberries and marshmallows were a very nutritious breakfast on Wednesday. The BELIEVE bag and notepads came just in time for the field trip! Again, thank you for all your thoughtfulness and support throughout the year! 

Tomorrow we head to Bozeman. Kids need to be in Room 7 by 7:15 am. By that time they need to have already eaten breakfast and gone to the bathroom. They also need their lunch, approved snacks and beverages, and backpacks. Please remember there is NO electronics allowed on the bus except for a camera. If you need to reach your child in the day you can call my cell phone or the school. Messages will be checked and given to me throughout the day. Please have your child dress for the weather. We will be eating our lunches outside. I am excited!! 

Lastly, enjoy the slideshows of the egg babies and their parents. :0)