Sunday, May 10, 2009

BELIEVE!

Well I made it. $100.00 question: If Ms. Erickson started running at 8:30 am and finished running at 9:23 how long did it take Ms. Erickson to run five miles? $50.00 bonus: Approximately, how many minutes is that for each mile? Write your answers in the planner by morning meeting. There was a point that I wanted to give up, between mile 2 and 3, and I started chanting in my head: Believe, Believe, Believe... Seriously. Before I knew it I was rounding mile 4 and onto mile 5. I was so, so proud of myself for doing the very best that I could and not giving up! I will say however that during mile 4 I felt a very sharp pain run through my left foot. Today I can barely walk or put any pressure on it. I think I may have strained it and it is very sore. I will probably be limping a little for the next few days. I would not have done it any differently however! The power of BELIEVING is so amazing to me. 

This week starts our final novel before the year is up. We will be reading Hatchet by Gary Paulsen. We will be reading two to three chapters daily to get through it, but we will also have a lot of hands on linked studies as well. I have prepared a "Survivor" game for the kids that will post challenges for each chapter. Fun!! 

We will be having our Little Ceaser Pizza Party this Friday. Students will not need to bring a lunch on that day. They may bring a drink if they choose. Yay Team!

Students may have thought their money issues were over now that the field trip has come and gone but there are still many "extra" activities that will require earned money to participate such as: field day, end of the year bike picnic, wiffle ball tournament, Miracle Movie, and so on. Students that cannot earn the needed fake funds for these events will have alternative activities. I know that with positive choices everyone can participate. BELIEVE!

See ya on Monday!